Sharing your location with selected friends is one of the core features of Loiter. Posting you location is very straightforward – just a couple of taps.
Please note : Loiter does not track your location – friends only see the location you actively share with them, and then only the friends you select for each post.
The “post location” button is in the bottom left hand corner of the screen and looks like this:
Tapping this button will bring up the “share location” popup centred on your current (circular blue) location map marker – like this :
The only other thing you must do to share your current location is to select with whom you want to share. This is done by tapping the “select friend…” bar. That will bring up the friend picker widget – like this :
Simply select the friends you’d like to share with and then tap the “select friends…” bar to close the friend picker.
You could now tap the blue “Post your location” button and the friends you selected would be notified that you have just shared your location with them.
But there are a couple more details you could share in the post, including a place name, a caption and even a photo.
To add a place name, tap the “select a nearly place..” bar and the place-picker widget will be displayed listing places (points of interest) in your vicinity (within a 65 metre radius).
Tapping a place from the dropdown list will selected it and close the widget. You can clear a previous selection by swiping down and tapping the “clear selection” button.
Then once again, simply tap the blue “Post your location” button and your selected friends will be notified that you are sharing your location with them.
That’s the basics of sharing your location with Loiter. You can also add a caption and a photo to your post which are both self-explanatory.
- Loiter only allows you to post from your current location.
- You can only select places that are in our current vicinity.
- Any photos you wish to attach to your post must be taken right there and then. If you take a photo but move away from the location where the photo was taken before you actually make the post, the photo will expire.
- Posted locations automatically expire when Loiter detects that you have moved away from that location. And the friends with whom you shared the location will be be able to see that you have left that location. NOTE however that Loiter does not track your location – friends only see the location you share with them, and then only the friends you select for each post.
- You can have multiple live location posts that have been sent to different groups of friends. But you can not have more than one live location share with any one friend.